August 2, 2020
During the last week, we have been preparing for staff to return to work, developing safety procedures, and we have started outlining critical logistics to start the school year. Our priority continues to be ensuring student and staff safety while providing the highest quality education possible. We will continue to provide updates regularly as we approach the beginning of the 2020-21 school year. Below are some important items needing your attention.
· The parking application is now posted on the LNHS website. Please review carefully. Contact Dr. Guy if you have any questions.
· Students schedules will be available in PowerSchool starting Thursday, August 6th. Schedules continue to be revised at this point. Students will be able to submit an online schedule change request beginning Monday, August 10th. Schedule changes will be prioritized based on errors not preferences. We are projecting an enrollment of approximately 1975 students. This makes scheduling flexibility very difficult. We hope to have schedule changes processed by August 17th to provide students with a smooth start to the school year.
· LNHS will conduct a virtual open house this year. This event will be pre-recorded with important information from teachers, counselors, and other staff. This virtual open house experience will be available on August 13th.
· New student orientation and student onboarding will occur virtually during the first week of school, August 17-21. We will follow an adjusted block schedule allowing for live (synchronous) virtual classes so students can meet their teachers, practice utilizing zoom, discuss class procedures and expectations, etc… Teachers will also be providing detailed information about how students are invited to campus for in-person support that begins on August 24th. Just a reminder, LNHS students will be learning virtually with some limited opportunities to attend on campus support sessions. LNHS will also provide a schedule that includes dates and times for synchronous learning, asynchronous learning, virtual support, and office hours. We hope to share those schedules next week.
· Our staff has been working very hard to develop lessons and activities that will engage and support students. Canvas will be the learning management system utilized by all teachers with course set ups that are similar across all content. This should allow more user-friendly access and consistency across the school. We understand that the start of this school year is not ideal, but we are confident that LNHS can provide an excellent educational experience for your student. Thanks for your continued patience and support.